Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Alice

25 Things About Me
I didn't want to put this on FB so it's here
Although I confess it will probably end up there soon


1. I name everything. My car is Belinda, my plant was Matilda, my painted bird is Lloyd, my stuffed elephant is Cronus, my stuffed dalmation is Madeleine, and my snails on my snail hook are Fred, Ted, and Ned.

2. I love New York and London more than any other place in the world. I feel at home in New York and I want to live in London when I get older.

3. I love being an only child.

4. My mom is the coolest person ever and she's my best friend.

5. I spend way too much money on books. I can't pass a bookstore without going in and buying at least two or three books. I also read everywhere. I read on the bus, the plane, while I eat, everywhere.

6. I love flowers and hearts and pink and all manner of pretty things.

7. I rarely wear pants in the summer. I live in dresses and cardigans. I also don't wear jeans when I go to New York.

8. I hate wearing open-toed shoes so I have a huge collection of flats plus a couple pairs of Converse. However, most of my flats stay at home because they are too pretty and slightly too expensive to bring to school.

9. I don't like beer. At all. I can stand sips of Shiner but that's about it.

10. I have about 100 journals, most of which haven't been written in. I just like to collect pretty journals and stack them up and look at them, wondering when a great revelation will come to me that will be important enough to write down in a journal.

11. I dislike the majority of people that go to my school. I don't like sororities or fraternities or polo shirts and khaki or running shorts and Sperry's (all together).

12. I have a chronic heel problem so I can't wear certain shoes and usually can't walk long distances. But that's ok because I don't really like to walk anyway.

13. I don't like being outdoors. I hate the smell and it gives me really bad allergies and I feel like I'm getting dirty.

14. Ironically, I love the environment and the green movement. Just because I don't like being outdoors doesn't mean I don't care about it. I recycle, conserve energy, and want to start composting if Maggie and I get a house next year.

15. I like to curl up in my bed with a cup of tea and a good book most nights. I would rather be with a good book than at any party.

16. If I wasn't going to be a doctor, I would want to be a chef. A pastry chef to be exact. I love to bake (when I have time) and I'm really good at it.

17. I love Natalie Portman and Josh Groban and dislike just about every other celebrity.

18. I don't like to share. I know this is bad and it's a shortcoming of mine. I was definitely raised with the mindset of an only child and I've never been good at sharing. I am trying though.

19. I like to listen to country music in the summer. But not in the winter.

20. I spent my entire winter break studying for the MCAT. Seriously, all of it.

21. I don't plan on getting married or having children until after I finish medical school (residency and all). I've heard way too many stories about mothers who never see their children because of how taxing med school is.

22. I don't exercise. I don't even own tennis shoes. All my exercise comes from walking around campus.

23. I am a perfectionist and if I have to work with other people in school or work or anywhere, I expect them to be the same. But this doesn't usually happen and I end up having to do a majority of the work.

24. If I had the time, I would take photography classes to improve my skills. But even without training, I've had photographs published in a few places.

25. I wear my retainers every night. My teeth are really straight. I refuse to go through years of braces again.

No comments: