Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Alice

A look back (and forward) on fall thus far (and to come):

1. Medical school interviews
2. Lots of tests and stress
3. Going to the grocery store way more than usual
4. Being involved in a hit-and-run (today)
4a. Killing a swarm of horse flies with Maggie
4b. Getting the flu
(4 is my least favorite number so I dedicate it to my least favorite happenings)
5. Race for the Cure this Sunday with Angela (in memory of Mary Anne)
6. Looking to buy a Canon AE-1 camera
7. Wearing two shirts to bed because it's cold!
8. Buying the very last issue of Gourmet magazine :(
9. Rediscovering cold-weather music by Alexi Murdoch, Gregory and the Hawk, and Michelle Featherstone.
10. Watching Hocus Pocus with Maggie while wearing witch hats
11. Registering for an upper-division English class: Literary Marriages from Hell in which half the reading list is by Sylvia Plath (my favorite author)
12. Purchasing Rebecca
13. Adding Away We Go to my list of favorite movies
14. Slathering on white tea and ginger body lotion (because the cold has killed the bugs)
15. Making a list of fall foods to make:
1) Pumpkin butter
2) Butternut squash and caramelized onion galette
3) Potato and onion latkes


And looking forward to winter for ice skating on the roof of Whole Foods, the Trail of Lights, and winter break when I get to see my cousins!

No comments: