Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alice

To paint:



Also I wrote this in response to Sydney's post and even though I'm pretty sure I've talked and talked about being green enough, I thought I would repost here (for your reading and "ugh Alice freaking stop with the green!" pleasure)

So I'm a huge tree hugger (minus the actual tree hugging) and am really passionate about saving the Earth for future generations. So here goes a few points:
1. Reduce, reuse, recycle!
2. Unplug appliances (TV, computer, cell phone charger) if you aren't using them explicitly.
3. Buy a reusable grocery bag for less than $5 at most places. I have three from Whole Foods that I use for groceries, picnics, shopping, etc.
4. Get a water pitcher with a filter or a faucet mount. Plastic water bottles, even though the companies boast using less plastic, are still bad for the environment and most go in dumps, not towards recycling.
5. Use ziploc containers or other plastic storage containers to tote sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc. instead of plastic bags.
6. Open windows and use natural light as much as possible.
7. Take your own mug to Starbucks. You can save the cups and save 10 cents on your drink!
8. M. Mcgough above said to reuse the disposable metal cupcake tins - I use silicone ones so you don't need tins or paper liners. And they will last forever.
9. Read my 40-page research paper on the Prius and its environmental effects.

:)

No comments: